News and Announcements
Lone Peak Boys Soccer tryouts will be February 26- 28.
To speed the team check-in at the field please fill out the following form: https://goo.gl/forms/VxZE7O4ZhL1PqOWL2
Here is a re-cap of the new tryout procedures that must be completed before you can tryout:
Students must have a complete Register My Athlete account including a current physical (form linked) in order to tryout. Students will be given a vinyl, one time use bracelet when they are cleared for tryouts. In an attempt to ease the craziness on February 26, the school will be pre-registering athletes starting Wednesday. Players will have to wear the bracelets until tryouts are completed.
For pre-registration, please send your athletes who have completed their Register My Athlete accounts including their physicals to room 711 during one of the following times:
Wednesday Feb. 21- 12:00-3:30
Thursday Feb. 22- 12:00-3:30
Friday Feb. 23- 7:15 AM – 12:00 & 1:00-2:00
Monday Feb. 26- 1:30-3:00
The document Physical_Forms.pdf was attached to this post.
There will be a Pre-Tryout Meeting for players interested in playing for Lone Peak Boys Soccer, and their parents on Tuesday, February 13 at 5:00pm at Lone Peak in the Little Theater.
Are you ready for the Dark Knight? Here are a few important things:
- Team Check-in will begin 30 minutes prior to first match.
- Payment must be made in order to play. If payment was made today, please bring a receipt as proof of payment.
- All players must have a signed waiver to play. It can be printed here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AXIoXmpYkAlZplok-9E8N7wcT5O41q-Q7N_Srp6INxw/edit
The schedule for each division and bracket can be viewed here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1L8fVSybJvdlORJz8gQ45OwZUQIfWLYG4-HowDncgzAQ/edit?usp=sharing
*Please note that the schedule is subject to change.
LPHS Dark Knight Futsal Tournament Official Rules
*All teams must have a signed waiver for each player turned in before their first game. Waivers WILL NOT be accepted after first game has started.
*We are under a strict time limit. Games have been scheduled with two 10 minute halves, a 5-minute half-time, and 2 minutes between games. The game shall consist of two 10 minute halves separated by a 5 minute halftime period OR the first team to reach a 10 goal lead. Games tied after regulation play shall end in a tie.
*Each game will begin on every half hour. In the event that a game starts late, play time will be adjusted to allow the following game to begin on time.
*Without knowing the members of each team, it is difficult to place teams into evenly challenging fair play brackets. Unfortunately, brackets cannot be switched.
*Game times cannot be switched. Forfeiture will result from no show games.
U-8 through U-14 Teams:
*Each team will play 4 games. Winning team in each age division will be based on highest points awarded.
Win 3 points
Tie 1 point
Loss 0 points
*In the event of a tie for First Place, we will refer to the Head-to-Head game score, followed by Goal Differential, if necessary, to determine the Winning team.
High School Teams:
*Each team will play 3 games. Winning team in each bracket will be based on highest points awarded.
Win 3 points
Tie 1 point
Loss 0 points
*Quarter Finals will be played by First Place teams in each bracket as well as 3 Wild Card Teams.
*3 Wild Card Teams will be determined between all 5 brackets’ Second Place winners.
*Top 3 Goal Differential Teams in Second Place will move onto Quarter Finals.*Finals are single elimination.
UPDATE: Due to the large number of teams competing GAMES WILL BEGIN AT 3:30 PM for U12-U14 teams and a few select High School Teams will play a game between 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm. Games for U8-U10 and U10-U12 may begin at as early as 4pm. Most of the High School teams will begin play in the evening.
Schedules will be posted to the website as soon as possible.
The Lone Peak Dark Knight Futsal Tournament is coming Friday, January 26!
Join us for great competition, good food, and prizes. Make it a fun night with friends or family.
For all players U8 – U14, High School, and Adults
Games start at 4pm for U8 – U14 teams and 7pm for High School and Adult teams
Cost per team is $100. Must be registered and fees paid by January 25.
**Register by January 19 and get the early bird discount – $75 per team
Here’s how to register:
1. Go to: https://goo.gl/forms/oqsoEyqRXSlaJovW2 to fill out the registration form
2. Fees must be paid on One Stop http://onestop.alpineschools.org/ (select Lone Peak High School, Camps and Clinics) or call or visit the Lone Peak Finance Office.
3. Print and sign waiver (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AXIoXmpYkAlZplok-9E8N7wcT5O41q-Q7N_Srp6INxw/edit?usp=sharing) for each team member and turn them in when checking into the tournament.
Players trying out for Lone Peak Boys Soccer, here’s what we need from you:
1. Register a team:
- Fill out the online registration form: https://goo.gl/forms/oqsoEyqRXSlaJovW2
- Pay the fees: Fees are paid on One Stop http://onestop.alpineschools.org/ or at the Lone Peak Finance Office.
- Print and sign waivers found on the registration form for each team member and turn them in when checking into the tournament.
2. **Players need to sign up to help! Every player must sign up for two time slots. It can be a player, parent, age appropriate sibling or friend who signs up to do the work. Remember this is a fund raiser for Lone Peak Boys Soccer. We need everyone’s help make it happen.
- To sign up go to: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0a48aca922abfb6-dark
3. Invite friends and neighbors to sign up a team!
- A player who registers two teams (for example your own team plus a referral) will receive a $25 credit toward your uniform fee if you make the Lone Peak Boy’s Soccer Team. Receive another $25 credit toward uniform fees for every team you refer after the first two. In order to receive credit, your name must appear on the team’s registration form.
- Teams are 5v5
- Games are 30 minutes
- It is not mandatory to have girls on your team, but girls goals count for 2 points
- This is tournament is for FUN! Please be polite and respectful to referees, opponents, and volunteers
Lone Peak Boys Soccer Winter Camp will be held the following dates from 3:30 – 5:00:
- Friday, January 5
- Monday, January 8 & Friday, January 12
- Wednesday, January 17 & Friday, January 19
- January 22 – February 9 – Winter Camp will be every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
Be at the field, warmed up and ready to play by 3:30. (Winter Camp may be cancelled due to bad weather.)
Be sure to mark your calendars, here are other important upcoming dates:
- Dark Knight Futsal Tournament – Friday, January 26th. More details to come!
- Pre-tryout Player/Parent Meeting – Monday, February 12th at 5:00pm in the Little Theater
- Tryouts are February 26, 27, 28 – more information to be posted
- Team Meeting for all Players who have made the team and their parents will be Thursday, March 1 at 5:00pm in the Little Theater
- Retreat for Players – Friday, March 2