News and Announcements
Hey boys. Great effort in that first practice. Excited to teach you. Here are a few great videos to illustrate points i relayed. Remember you committed to study these training videos:
1.) How to play out of the back — vs 1, 2 or 3 striker press. Key points:
A: Center backs fan wide and use keeper as sweeper / 3rd man. Keeper position deep on baseline to support.
B: Wing-backs start super wide on touchline and very high – near half way line. Then sprint back to show.
C: Holding mid and or 8 show behind the opposition front line of attack. Play the ball the way you are facing.
D: Once a 6/8 or wing-back can receive the ball facing forward, go forward. Be patient and recycle the ball back through center backs and switch the field as needed. This creates gaps / channels to pass through.
Please study this:
2.) Playing out from the back again, CBs stepping forward when there is space. Excellent video showing various options. His #4 is the holding mid. Key points to note:
A: Center backs must be comfortable bringing the ball out if there is space, then play a pass to feet, CB becomes the holding mid and the holding mid drops back to cover you.
B: This shows what i was teaching you —if a CB or holding mid is able to step forward with the ball, the 8 and 10 should fan out wide to create that passing channel through into the #9. The first attacking pattern we practiced.
Please study this:
3.) How #9 should show from blind shoulder and get shot off. This is from the England national team finishing coach:-) . I showed you how to do this but it’s great to see in a video: How to preserve space in front of you then receive the ball facing goal and get a shot off. Ideal for a number nine but good for any forward to learn. Key points:
A: Come from blind side.
B: Little shove to get defender off balance.
C: Take ball on half turn and face right at them, leaning over ball.
D: Feign to go one direction so they come at you.
E: Move ball to other side and shoot with little back-lift.
F: Spot keeper, knee and head over ball. Lock ankle, drive shot through hips
Please study this:
We will review all of this on the training field. But it’s important you can “envision” what it looks like done correctly. Have a great weekend!
Here is a link to the spreadsheet for the food assignments. We will add times for the water bottles based on when buses are scheduled to leaave.
Congratulations on making the team! Please see below for important information and read to the end.
Team Meeting for Varsity and Junior Varsity
Thursday, March 3, 2021
Coach Graham will go over the team contract at the meeting.
- Copies to sign will be at the meeting but feel free to view it here https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-00mNh_Oq1wqExQvCuTGljkcCzY41ykYGFAExO8d_nw/edit?usp=sharing
- Players must present signed team contracts to receive gear.
As part of the contract, players need to set goals in three areas (Physical, Academic/Learning & Character/Emotional/Spiritual) and submit them to the coaches.
Fill out this form to submit goals https://forms.gle/44CVdMvJxZyrhcm47
Uniforms & Team Gear
- We will be passing out uniforms & other gear to all players who have paid for them.
- You MUST bring your receipt or show it on your phone. You may pay online at myschoolfees.com or at the finance office. NO CASH or VENMO allowed.
Returning players pay $175 plus $100 participation fee
New players pay $400 plus $100 participation fee
Must show receipt and signed contract (Signed JV contracts will be returned at the meeting).
Team Website http://www.lonepeakhighschoolsoccer.com/
We will use the team website to help us communicate. ALL players and at least one parent need to create or update your account as soon as possible. Instructions are below. If you have not been receiving emails, you are may not be in the system. Please contact Julie (8013180692) to be added. Make sure to add your phone number so we can send texts. You may also want to get the TeamPages app.
Create an account by
1. Going to the homepage—http://www.lonepeakboyssoccer.com/
2. Click "Sign Up" in the top R corner
3. You should now see a "Sign up for TeamPages for Free box. Mark "I am trying to find my team…"
4. Below that, add your full name, email address and then create/confirm a password.
5. Click “not a robot’ and click on the box by “accept the terms.”
6. Click “Create a Free Account.”
7. Accept the invitation to Lone Peak High Boys Soccer
8. Edit your “about me.”
9. If you wish to receive texts, enter your cell number. Then go to the bottom of the page and add your
SMS info—phone # and provider—and then click save.
10. You will receive a TeamPages SMS check with a pin on your phone. Click the link to confirm.
Practice Wednesday, March 3 at 3:30
Junior Varsity Roster
Practice Wednesday, March 3 at 1:00
First Day Tryout Results
Thanks to the great players who attended tryouts today! We had 93 players tryout for the teams! Players invited to tomorrow’s tryout (Tuesday, March 2 at 3:30), are listed below by tryout number. All freshman and sophomore players not on this list are invited to attend the tryout for the provisional team on Monday, March 8 at 3:30 at the seminary fields.
Thanks everyone and good luck!